Totodile first appeared in The Totodile Duel. Since Misty also wanted it, she and Ash decided to battle in order to determine who's it was. Ash won the battle.
Totodile has a jolly and playful personality and really likes to dance. It has even been known to use this dancing tactic to help win battles, it has also proven to be a strong Pokémon in battles, although it's endurance was not very high but it made up for this with its impressive dodging abilities. Ash left it at Professor Oak's lab as he decided to make a fresh start when he left for Hoenn.
Totodile reappeared in An Old Family Blend, where it had gone missing from its Poké Ball, like Ash's other Pokémon. Totodile was found dancing in the fountain, where it bit Ash's head after Corphish tackled Ash
It is set to reappear in the Pikachu short airing with the 15th Pokemon movie. It will also reappear along with all of Ash's Pokemon in an upcoming episode of Best Wishes Season 2.
|Scratch||The Totodile Duel|
|Bite||The Totodile Duel|
|Water Gun +||The Totodile Duel|
|Headbutt||A Corsola Caper!|
|Scary Face||One Trick Phony!|
|Slash||Just Add Water|
|Leer||Playing with Fire!|
|+ indicates this Pokémon used this move recently.*|
- indicates this Pokémon normally can't use this move.
- Totodile was fought over for his ownership by Ash and Misty.
- Even though Ash won ownership of Totodile, it was infact caught by Misty, since Ash already had 6 Pokemon in his party. If Ash had captured Totodile with his Lure Ball, it would have been trasfered to Prof Oak.
- Totodile and Ash's 30 Tauros are the only Pokémon to be caught in different types of Poké Balls; however Totodile was captured and kept in a Lure Ball and Ash used Safari Balls to catch his Tauros, when Ash uses one in battle they seem to be kept in normal PokeBalls.
- He is the only one of Ash's Johto starters that has not evolved.