Snivy first appeared in BW007: Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!, where it was caught by Ash and the gang stealing food from them. Iris and Cilan believed that she deemed her previous Trainer unworthy of her and so abandoned them, after they witnessed her high-level attacks. Ash then chased after Snivy through all of the episode, using each member of his team in turn to battle her, however the majority of his team (Pikachu, Oshawott and Tepig) were affected by Snivy's Attract, forcing Ash to recall each of them. It wasn't until Pidove offered to battle did Ash manage to hold his own Snivy, as her Attract had no effect on Pidove (due to her also being female, something Ash was not aware of until this point). Snivy may have broken out of the Pokeball and fought back, but she decided that Ash was a worthy trainer and allowed Ash to catch her.
She was sent out twice during Ash's five-on-five battle with Trip in BW010: A Rival Battle for Club Champ! . She first battled Trip's Servine and won with the help of her Attract. She then battled Trip's Frillish. Ash had no knowledge of Frillish's Cursed Body ability, so commanded Snivy to use physical attacks, which led to their loss.
In BW028: Emolga and the New Volt Switch!, she battled against Bianca's Pignite after Iris' Emolga summoned it using Volt Switch. It later develops a rivalry with Emolga, as she is unimpressed with Emolga's attitude. It continuously uses Vine Whip to bring Emolga back after she tries to escape and also when Snivy showed the gang who had caused the fight between Ash's Pokémon. However, despite this, Snivy saved Emolga (as well as Axew and Oshawott) from a wild Simisear. Their rivalry was put on hold when Snivy and Emolga worked together to destroy a boulder that was about to crush the Simisear. However, the rivalry did not disappear, as shown when Snivy and Emolga looked quickly away from each other in disgust after catching each others' eye.
Ash used Snivy to battle against Trip's Servine again in BW034: Ash and Trip's Third Battle!. However, this time her Attract failed because of Servine's Leaf Tornado and she was defeated by Servine's Cut.
Snivy and Emolga's rivalry was shown again in BW035: Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open!.
In BW042: Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia! , Snivy was used against Georgia's Pawniard during the second round of the Don Battle Tournament, however, she struggled against the powerful Pokémon, having Attract fail when Pawniard also turned out to be female. Pawniard maintained the advantage, and also threatened the Grass Snake Pokemon with a powerful Guillotine. However, she managed to defeat Pawniard in the next episode, by somehow using Leaf Blade to hit Pawniard dead-on while avoiding Guillotine and knocked her out with Leaf Storm. Georgia, however blamed the loss on the terrain, which caused Pawinard to get stuck, and she also didn't lose to a Dragon type, so she didn't care too much.
In BW50: Battle for the Underground!, all of the Pokemon were captured by Team Rocket. Pikachu, who did not have a Pokeball and was locked in a cage, used Electro Ball on Snivy's Pokeball, realeasing her. Snivy used her vines to let out several of the groups Pokemon, all of which proved useful for making an escape. She also used her vines to switch the direction of the tracks, allowing the Pokemon to get away from Team Rocket's train car. When Ash got on the train via Ingo and Emmet, she was used alongside Pikachu to battle Dr. Zager and his helicopter. She used Leaf Storm on the helicopter propellor, jamming it up, and allowing Piachu to destroy the containment unit.
In BW052: Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym!, Ash used Snivy against Elesa. She went up against Elesa's Emolga. Since they were both female, so Attract proved to be ineffective. Emolga finally defeated Snivy with several powerful Acrobatics and Aerial Ace attacks.
In BW055: A Maractus Musical!, Snivy was used alongside Pikachu and Tepig in Ash's very first triple battle against Tobio's Maractus trio. Even when their combinations of Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Leaf Storm, were being used, the battle was postponed due to Cacchin making them all fall down.In BW057: Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!, Snivy was happy to see Axew and Scraggy getting along despite them both losing in a battle. When Katharine's Gothita and Scraggy escaped and then followed by Axew in the middle of the night, Snivy followed them closely, and saves them from an attack caused by a wild Garbodor that Gothita disrupted. The next day, Ash used Snivy against Katharine's Gothita after he made a bet involving Scraggy, which ended in an easy victory for her, as Gothita was used to calling all of the shots, and did not do well when Katharine was telling her what to do.
In BW063: Battling the King of the Mines!, Snivy was used in a Gym battle against Clay's Palpitoad. She used Attract to immobilized it and then hitting it with Vine Whip and Leaf Blade and finally defeated it with Leaf Storm. She went up against Clay's Excadrill and after her attacks were being blocked by Excadrill's Rapid Spin, Snivy got knocked out with a powerful Horn Drill.
In BW079: Evolution by Fire!, Snivy was disgusted by Shamus, Tepig's former trainer. She volunteered to battle against Shamus's Emboar and Heatmor alongside Tepig. When Tepig was depressed, Snivy slapped Tepig with Vine Whip. In the battle against Shamus, she battled well despite the type disadvantage, even landing an Attract on his Emboar, and pulverizing it with Vine Whip, however Heatmor's Fury Swipes snapped him out of it. Tepig was un-motavated, but as Shamus was about to land a Flare Blitz/Fire Spin combo on Tepig, Snivy saved Tepig, getting knocked out in the process, but her loss brought back his motavation.
In BW100: Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige!, she faced off against the Flower Garden Trio. Iris brought Snivy up against Moira's Cinccino. Snivy used her Leaf Storm to rub the oil off of Cinccino's fur, so that when Cinccino (along with Moira) fell into the mud, she was unable to clean herself off.
In BW109, Snivy was the sixth Pokémon Ash chose to use during his Vertress Conference battle with Cameron, sending her out to face Cameron's Riolu. Riolu started the battle with a Vacuum Wave, which Snivy was easily able to dodge before attacking the Emanation Pokémon with Leaf Blade. Riolu, however, recovered and used Copycat, striking Snivy back with her own attack. Next Riolu used Vacuum Wave again, forcing Snivy to jump out of the way and allowing Riolu to easily grab her in order to use Force Palm on her. Riolu carried on with a Circle Throw, sending the Grass Snake Pokémon flying into the arena wall. Snivy, however, just got mad for getting thrown around, and started a comeback. First she fired a Leaf Storm, forcing Riolu to dodge it and allowing her to grab the Emanation Pokémon with Vine Whip and slam it into the field. Riolu then fired another Vacuum Wave attack, which Snivy shrugged off easily. But when it tried to repeat the same move, Snivy dodged used Leaf Storm and hit Riolu, causing serious damage. Unfortunately for Snivy and Ash, while Riolu tried to struggle to his feet and almost collapsed, the severe pain resulted in Riolu suddenly evolving into Lucario, a much more formidable opponent, who got his strength back. When the battle continued in the next episode, Snivy fought bravely against her evolved opponent. She struck with a powered up Leaf Blade (from Overgrow), which inflicted serious damge, however Lucario hit her with Force Palm. Snivy bombarded him with numberous brutal Vine Whips, but Lucario caught them and threw her with her vines and finished her with Aura Sphere, leaving only Pikachu to battle the powerful foe.
|Region||Type of Battle||Opponent||Result||Episode|
|Rival||Trip||Servine||Lose (Team tied)||BW034|
|Club Battle Tournament||Georgia||Pawniard||Win||BW042-BW043|
|Gym Battle||Elesa||Emolga||Lose (Team won)||BW052|
|Excadrill||Lose (Team won)||BW063|
|Attract||Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!|
|Vine Whip||Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!|
|Leaf Storm||Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!|
|Leaf Blade||A Rival Battle for Club Champ!|
|+ indicates this Pokémon used this move recently.*|
- indicates this Pokémon normally can't use this move.
- Snivy seems to be the most level headed and mature Pokémon currently on Ash's Unova team.
- It is suggested that Snivy is one of the few Snivy's who abandoned their previous trainers since they saw the trainer as unworthy or incompetent. Which could explain her high level grass moves and Attract, although it may be possible Snivy was strong before all this.
- During Ash and Snivy's first encounter, Snivy displayed surprise at how Ash protected Pikachu and even thought about it a little. This could possibly mean Snivy had some troubled relation with a previous trainer.
- Snivy was the only Pokémon on Ash's team to ever defeat Trip's Servine. After Pikachu lost to it, Snivy was able to defeat it using attract. She later lost to Trip's Frillish due to it's Cursed Body.
- She may have traits similar to Ash's Grass starters: being a prime battler as in Ash's Sceptile, being a protector as in Ash's Bulbasaur, if counted being a female Grass-type as in Ash's Bayleef and taking charge as in Ash's Torterra when it was Turtwig.
- Snivy is Ash's sixth Pokémon to battle its evolved form. The other five were Pikachu, Sceptile as a Treecko, Corpish, Buizel, and Gliscor as a Gligar.
- It is also the third of Ash's Pokemon to actally defeat it's evolved form, behind Pikachu and Buizel.
- Snivy is Ash's second confirmed female Grass-type starter (the first being Bayleef).
- Snivy is Ash's only Pokémon to know the move Attract.
- All of Snivy's Grass-type moves are also known by Ash's other Grass-type Starters.
- Snivy has developed a rivalry with Iris' Emolga.
- Interestingly, they are both the only female Pokémon currently on the main cast that know Attract.
- The two have somewhat opposite personalities; Snivy is calm, collected, mature and willing to fight her own battles no matter how tough her opponent may be, while Emolga is childish, deceptive, lazy and unwilling to battle seriously and/or tricks/forces others to battle for her (by using Volt Switch).
- Snivy is Ash's first Unova Pokémon confirmed to be female.
- Snivy seems to care about Ash's other Pokémon, an example of this was her saving Ash's Tepig in BW079.
- Snivy was the the fifth grass-type Pokémon to be captured by Ash. First was Bulbasaur, second was Bayleef, third was Sceptile, and fourth was Torterra.
- Interestingly, all five of his grass types are the region's starters.
- Snivy is Ash's second grass-type pokemon to unleash Overgrow the first was Sceptile.