Noctowl glitters as it comes out of its Poké Ball. Due to its psychic abilities, it has been used many times to find and battle Ghost-Type Pokémon as well as for the usual flying requirements that Ash utilizes. Ash used it in his gym battle against Morty. Noctowl learned Confusion halfway through the battle and used it to defeat Morty's Gengar. Ash left it at Oak's possession, when he decided to make a fresh start when he left for Hoenn.
Ash later recalled it to his team to take on Conway in the Sinnoh league where Noctowl managed to beat Conway's Lickilicky but lost to Conway's Dusknoir when it was hit by Thunder Punch due to the type disadvantage and Conway's strategy to use Trick Room to make Dusknoir the fastest Pokémon on the field.
|Tackle||A Ghost of a Chance|
|Confusion||From Ghost to Ghost|
|Sky Attack +||Working on a Right Move!|
|Air Slash +||Working on a Right Move!|
|Extrasensory +||Working on a Right Move!|
|+ indicates this Pokémon used this move recently.*|
- indicates this Pokémon normally can't use this move.
Yūji Ueda (Japanese and English)
- Noctowl is also the only shiny Pokémon in the anime to sparkle when it leaves its Poké Ball.
- Noctowl is the only one of Ash's bird Pokémon to have been fully evolved when it was captured. As such, Noctowl is also the only Flying-type Pokémon currently owned by Ash that did not evolve under his ownership.
- Noctowl is also the first Shiny Pokémon to be owned by a major character.
- Despite Pokédex entries in the games stating how Noctowl can fly without making a sound, Pikachu was able to beat Noctowl by listening to the sound of its wings.