Ash caught a mischievous Snorunt whilst traveling through Hoenn. This Snorunt had trouble controlling its Ice Beam attack. Snorunt was used during Ash's battle with Juan but was defeated by Seaking's Hyper Beam. While May was competing in the Grand Festival, Snorunt evolved into Glalie in order to fend off Team Rocket and mastered Ice Beam as soon as it evolved.
Although it was newly evolved when Ash entered the Hoenn League Ash used it in a number of battles where it managed to hold its own successfully, first defeating a Charizard used by Clark with a powerful spinning headbutt. Later he used Glalie against Morrison's Metang, and after a hard battle, pulled it off and won the match for Ash. During Ash's Top 8 match, Glalie battled Tyson's Sceptile, an incredibly powerful Pokémon who, like Glalie, had won multiple decicive victories for Tyson. However they both lost after using their first moves, as their Solar Beam & Ice Beam clashed and knocked them both out.
After the league was over he decided to give it a break at Oak's Laboratory. Ash was going to use Glalie against Conway in the Sinnoh League but made a quick change as Conway saw Ash was going to use Glalie.
|Icy Wind||Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt!|
|Double Team (move)||Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt!|
|Headbutt||Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt!|
|Ice Beam||Date Expectations|
|+ indicates this Pokémon used this move recently.*|
- indicates this Pokémon normally can't use this move.
Voice actresses and actors
- Miyako Itō (Japanese as a Snorunt)
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Japanese as a Glalie)
- Kayzie Rogers (English as a Snorunt)
- Pete Zarustica (English as a Glalie)
- Glalie is the only member of Ash's Hoenn team that did not appear in a Pokémon movie.
- In the English dub of Date Expectations!, Brock states that Snorunt "still needs to work on his Ice Beam", implying that Snorunt is male. However, this is only in the English dub.
- Glalie is currently the only Ice-type Pokémon that Ash possesses after the release of Lapras.
- As a Snorunt, Glalie was Ash's only Pokemon to have more than one possible evolution. (Although Froslass was introduced in Generation IV after Snorunt had evolved.)