Ash first encountered his Gible when he met Old Lady Wilma, a woman who teaches Dragon Pokémon the special move Draco Meteor. Ash assisted Gible in the learning of the move and Gible decided to follow Ash. It also has the habit of biting onto heads. Later on, Ash noticed Gible followed him and eventually captured it. It has many powerful attacks such as Draco Meteor, Dig and Dragon Pulse.
He has been in quite a lot as Piplup seems to get hit by the failed Draco Meteor. In that episode Gible battled Barry's Empoleon and lost easily.
Gible has been appearing in the two following episodes DP158 and DP159, when Gible once again hit Piplup with Draco Meteor and chewed on rocks and sunk in the water and had to be saved by Ash's Buizel.
Gible wasn't seen again until DP164 where it expanded Piplup's couch gag which made Piplup learn Hydro Pump and run away.
It also helped out Ash and Volkner breaking the cage with Rock Smash in DP166 and a cameo appearance in DP167 and DP168. Also battling Dawn's Togekiss in DP172 and appear as a small appearances in DP173 onward. In DP185 it perfected Draco Meteor and used it to defeat Conway's Shuckle and to cause enough damage to Conway's Dusknoir to allow him to finish it with Dragon Pulse. Ash's Gible lost against Tobias and his Darkrai although it was able to hit Darkrai with Rock Smash.
| || |
|Dig||A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!|
|Draco Meteor||A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!|
|Dragon Pulse||A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!|
|Bite||Working on a Right Move!|
|+ indicates this Pokémon used this move recently.*|
- indicates this Pokémon normally can't use this move.
- Gible is Ash's first and only known -type Pokémon.
- It bites Ash on the head just like Turtwig did.
- It's the 2nd Pokémon that Ash caught after it followed him around. The first was Aipom.
- Although Gible has been seen biting many things and even seemed to use the actual attack against Conway's Shuckle, Gible is not capable of learning Bite in the games.
- Gible's Draco Meteor usually fails, knocking out Dawn's Piplup. In one episode, this makes Piplup angry and he gives Gible a beating.