The Amulet Coin (Japanese: おまもりこばん Amulet Coin) is an item introduced in Generation II which doubles the prize money received from a trainer if the Pokémon in the battle is holding the item and joins in. This item can be sold for 50.
- Gold, Silver, and Crystal: Goldenrod Underground
- Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald: Given by Mom after obtaining the Balance Badge
- FireRed and LeafGreen: Route 16 (Professor Oak's Aide)
- Diamond and Pearl: Amity Square
- Platinum: Amity Square
- HeartGold and SoulSilver: Goldenrod City
- Black and White: Castelia City
- Black 2 and White 2: Castelia City
- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: It can be found in Littleroot Town. Given by Mom after obtaining the Balance Badge from Norman.
- In the Johto region games, an Amulet Coin can be found in the Goldenrod Department Store's basement while in the Hoenn region games, it will be received by the player's mom after he/she defeats Norman, the player's dad. In Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, an Amulet Coin can be found in Route 16. In the Sinnoh region, Amulet Coins can be picked up by the player's Pokémon in Amity Square if the player goes for a stroll with his/her Pokémon. In the Unova region, the player must first unite the three dancers in Castelia City to receive the itemBW or from a man near Castelia SewersBW2.
- The best way to get money is to give it to a Meowth and battle a Pokémon and use the move Pay Day.
- In the hacked game of Pokémon FireRed ShinyGold Version, instead of your mother saving money, she will give you an Amulet Coin.