|This article or section contains information about an upcoming subject.|
The content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.
Please do not add unsourced speculation to this article.
Among the starter Pokémon for beginners are Rowlet, the Grass-type Pokémon (which resembles an owl), Litten, the Fire-type Pokémon (which resembles a kitten), and Popplio, a Water-type Pokémon (which resembles a circus seal, but with a few tricks up its sleeve).
The Alola region consists of four main islands and one artificial island. Currently, the names of:
Alola's name comes from the Hawaiian greeting, "Aloha".
- This is the third region to be based upon a non-Japanese and Asia-based location, the other two are Unova and Kalos.
- This is also the second region to based upon an American location (Hawaii), the first is Unova (which is based on New York and New Jersey).
- It is also worth noting that this is the first region that name is palindromic.
- The two legendary Pokemon are "Solgaleo," somewhat resembling a lion with a sun motif, and "Lunala," somewhat resembling a bat with a moon motif.
- Solgaleo has its Radiant Sun Form and its Default Form.
- Lunala has its Full Moon Form and its Default Form.