Among the starter Pokémon for beginners are Rowlet, the Grass-type Pokémon (which resembles an owl), Litten, the Fire-type Pokémon (which resembles a kitten), and Popplio, a Water-type Pokémon (which resembles a circus seal, but with a few tricks up its sleeve).
The Alola region consists of four main islands and one artificial island. Currently, the names are:
In the Trainers School in a room on the third floor, there is a book that says how Alola was made. It says:
The islands of Alola were given form when underground volcanoes erupted long, long ago. Pokémon came to live in Alola when they flew, swam or were carried on the wind to the isles.
Alola's name comes from the Hawaiian greeting, "Aloha".
- This is the third region to be based upon a non-Japanese and Asia-based location, the other two are Unova and Kalos.
- This is also the second region to based upon an US state (Hawaii), the first is Unova (which is based on New York and New Jersey).
- It is also worth noting that this is the first region that name is palindromic.
- The two legendary Pokémon are "Solgaleo," somewhat resembling a lion with a sun motif, and "Lunala," somewhat resembling a bat with a moon motif.
- Solgaleo has its Radiant Sun Form and its Default Form.
- Lunala has its Full Moon Form and its Default Form.
- Similar to people in Hawaii, Alolan people use "Alola" as a word of greetings.
- This is the second region to not introduce new fossil Pokémon.
- This is the first main series game region which does not have gym leaders.
Place of Interest
Akala Outskirts · Altar of the Moone · Altar of the Sunne · Ancient Poni Path · Berry Fields · Brooklet Hill · Exeguttor Island · Haina Desert · Hano Beach · Hau'oli Cemetery · Kala'e Bay · Lake of the Moone · Lake of the Sunne · Lush Jungle · Mahalo Trial · Malie Garden · Melemele Meadow · Melemele Sea · Memorial Hill · Paniola Ranch · Poni Breaker Coast · Poni Coast · Poni Gauntlet · Poni Grove · Poni Meadow · Poni Plains · Poni Wilds · Royal Avenue · Secluded Shore · Ula'ula Meadow · Ultra Space · Vast Poni Canyon · Wela Volcano Park
|Kanto (Sevii Islands) · Johto · Hoenn · Sinnoh (Battle Zone) · Unova · Kalos · Alola|