The Action Replay is a cheat device for Pokémon games and other Nintendo DS games. You can use it on Visual Boy Advance as well, adding the cheats to the Gameshark list. Action Replay can also be used for the Nintendo Gamecube. The Action Replay DS and Action Replay Max (For GameCube) work in the same way, requiring a master code for every game, the the Action Replay DS Hardware is much more sensitive physically and through software. Even small impacts are capable of rendering the ARDS cartridge useless. It is not recommended that you use an Action Replay, seeing as it has been known to create glitches in your game, completely delete all save data, as well as messing up your game console.
Often used cheats
- The Max. money cheat: A cheat to maximise the money to 999,999 pokedollars
- Wild Pokemon modificator: A cheat to modificate wild pokemon, allowing the player to catch every Pokemon in grass. This can be very confusing for players getting such a Pokemon through a Pokemon trade.
- All items 999 times in the bag.
- Event cheats: Those cheats allow the player to get all event Pokemon and also to catch Darkrai with the Member Card, Shaymin with Oak´s letter and Arceus, which is not possible to be caught without the Azure Flute, this item is not available without cheating. The problem is that cheated Event-Pokemon have no difference to original Event-Pokemon.
- The "Ghost" cheat: This cheat can be very dangerous, it allows the player to walk through walls and to walk to the Mystery Zone and to get to Shaymin and Darkrai. But if the player uses this cheat to get into a Wi-Fi room he/she gets into a dark room that is unable to be left.
- The Re-battle cheat: This cheat allows the player to catch all legendaries, which are able to be caught legitimately, a second time.