The Action Replay is a cheat device for Pokémon games and other Nintendo DS games. It can be used on Visual
Often used cheats
- The Max. money cheat: A cheat to maximise the money to 999,999 pokedollars
- Wild Pokémon modifier: A cheat code used to modify wild Pokémon, allowing the player to catch every Pokémon in grass.
- All items 999 times in the bag.
- Event cheats: These cheats allow the player to get all event Pokémon and also to catch Darkrai with the Member Card, Shaymin with Oak's letter, and Arceus with the Azure Flute. Hacked Event-Pokémon have no difference to original Event-Pokémon.
- The "Ghost" (or "walk through walls") cheat: This cheat can be dangerous, as it allows the player to walk through walls and to walk to the Mystery Zone and to get to Shaymin and Darkrai. But if the player uses this cheat to get into a Wi-Fi room he/she will end up stuck in a dark room and unable to exit unless the game is turned off and on again.
- The Re-battle cheat: This cheat allows the player to catch all legendaries, which are able to be caught legitimately, a second time.
- Shiny Pokémon modifier: Makes all Wild Pokémon shiny; or modifies any Pokémon in Slot 1 of the PC to make it shiny (this cheat is used in AR Powersaves for 3DS Games, such as X & Y).