Ash still trains his Snorunt, telling Pikachu and it to finish so they can see May performing. Snorunt uses Ice Beam, but fails. Snorunt uses Ice Beam once more, and succeeds, freezing an apple. Snorunt has fun and uses it on rapid pace, freezing the ground. James comes with a bag and maintains balance, but unfortunately for him, bangs on a wall. The second round begins - the Jester (aka Jessie) and Erica will have the Contest battle. Jester tells Erica she should quit, but naturally, Erica refuses to. She thinks Joshua and she will win and part the ribbon. Jessie tells Meowth it might be quite tough this time to battle. Mewoth wanted to battle the Persian, but what's done is done, even if the Jynx looks upon him with a strange sight - the Jynx winks at him.
Jynx starts with Lovely Kiss. Meowth evades and attacks with Fury Swipes, but fails when Jynx makes a pose to kiss him. Meowth runs from Jynx, as she in love with him. Jessie tells Meowth to transform, but Meowth does not know how to do it, but... he remembers James put on his belly an device. Jynx uses Hyper Beam, but Meowth uses the device, transforming himself into Sunflora! Everyone is surprised by Meowth's capability. Sunflora (aka Meowth) uses Razor Leaf (which are normal leaves), though Jynx freezes the leaves with Blizzard. Jessie is left in tough position, so Meowth transforms into Kirlia (even if standing on top of his feet is killing him). Jynx uses Lovely Kiss. Meowth dodges and goes to use Double Team, but falls down.
Meowth transforms into Wailord. Erica realizes that Waliord has trouble without water, so orders Jynx to attack with Psychic. Meowth is upset and scratches the costume, so he is blown away as the air inside is going out of the costume. The judges now know that those transformations are fake, so they decide to declare the battle illegal, so Jessie and Meowth are disqualified. Erica is the winner, because of the rules. Jessie and James remove their disguises, revealing their identities. James throws a net, going after Jynx, but the net is redirected to Team Rocket instead. Jynx blasts them off with a Hyper Beam.
May is shocked to hear that she won't win simply because Erica and Joshua trained so long. Erica remembers that from last week Joshua decided to practice on his own than together. Still, she does know Joshua wants to win as a team. May tells her that she went here to get the ribbon by the rules and does not want to hear her. May and Joshua have the battle - Houndoom attacks with Swift while Skitty dodges and tackles Houndoom. Skitty attacks with Double Slap, but Houndoom evades and uses Shadow Ball on her. Next, Skitty uses Blizzard and Houndoom counters with Flamethrower, so Skitty is affected by the flames and is knocked out.
Ash tells May she has time, so May is more confident. Houndoom attacks Skitty with Swift, but May orders Skitty to use Assist, much to the shock of May's friends. Assist turns into Razor Leaf, negating the attack. Skitty tackles Houndoom, knocking it out. Skitty goes to use Double Slap, but the attack is canceled by Shadow Ball. Houndoom uses Flamethrower, so Skitty counters with Blizzard, but this time, the sides are matched. Joshua and May encourage their Pokémon to do their best. Erica makes a revelation, thinking they are the perfect match. The clock is ticking, so Houndoom uses Flamethrower at full power and Skitty does the same with Blizzard. An explosion is made and Houndoom is knocked out - time is up and the winner of the battle is May.
Joshua is a bit sad, but knows he and Houndoom did their best. Erica is baffled by Joshua's defeat. The last battle is May vs. Erica. Erica tells May she is sorry for the words she spoke to her before, knowing that May and Joshua are a better combination. So, Erica wants a fair battle, so May accepts this challenge. So, the battle begins - Skitty goes to tackle Jynx, but is stopped by Psychic. Next, Jynx uses Lovely Kiss, making Skitty asleep. Jynx uses Blizzard on Skitty, forcing May to lose a lot of points. Skitty uses Assist, turning to String Shot - Jynx is wrapped by the strings. Skitty uses Assist again, turning to Razor Leaf, but... Jynx is free from the strings.
Jynx uses Psychic once more and follows with Blizzard. Skitty uses Assist, which turns to String Shot, and, because of that, the attack is canceled. Skitty uses Assist once more, which turns to Vine Whip. Jynx uses Psychic, negating the attack. May does not give up and orders Assist again. This time it turns to Petal Dance, pushing Jynx. Brock and Joshua realize that May is having a final ace under her sleeve. Skitty uses Assist and Jynx goes to counter with Hyper Beam. However, Assist turns to Fire Spin, negating Hyper Beam and wounding Jynx. Skitty tackles Jynx, defeating it. Because of this, May wins the Pacifidlog Contest ribbon.
May recieves the 5th and final ribbon, enabling her to enter the Grand Festival. At the end of the day, Joshua and Erica congratulate May on her victory. Erica now knows Joshua just wanted a rival, so that is why he wanted them to train separately. They promise to become both rivals and partners. Ash also promises to train for the Hoenn League as well. The gang leaves, waving goodbye to Erica and Joshua.
- A part of Jessie and Erica's battle somewhat mimics May's appeal during the previous episode. Meowth, as a Sunflora, "used" Razor Leaf, which was frozen by Erica's Jynx's Blizzard. In May's appeal, she asked her Skitty to use Assist, which turned into Razor Leaf. She then asked it to use Blizzard to freeze the leaves.
- This is the fourth time when Meowth is dressed as a Sunflora, plus he would wear the same disguise again in three future episodes.
- While Salamence is correct in the Pokémon Trainer's Choice, Graveler is also technically strong against its own type, due to Ground-type moves being good against Rock types.
- May's Skitty, a Normal-type Pokémon, is damaged by Houndoom's Shadow Ball, which is a Ghost-type move.
- During May and Erica's battle, the camera zooms out from the scoreboard several times to reveal a bit of the clock that shows less than 0:40 (and more than 0:20) every time starting from very beginning of the battle.
- After the first successful attack from Jynx at the beginning of May and Erica's battle, her health bar is not full, although Jynx had not received any damage at the moment.
- In the beginning of this episode, the white line to Erica's picture is gone. This was in the previous episode too.
- When the camera is panning up on the Kirlia Meowth, the extra straight paper(?) is not shown, yet it is shown before and after this shot.
- At the very end, when they are waving "good bye", May and Max switch spots.