The gang stops in Rubello Town and Ash would check the Pokemon Center. Max spots a poster, advertising the Pokemon Contest in Town. May is sure to stay until tomorrow night, but Brock sees a mark - R1. When they arrive, they ask Nurse Joy what R1 means. Joy says that one must have 1 ribbon already to enter. Luckily for May, she has 2 already. Joy says it are the Grand Festival rules, so May asks what that is - Drew is not suprised that she does not know. Drew is entering the Contest as well, taunting May. Suddenly, some women arrive to Drew - they are his fans.
One of them asks for an autograph, so Drew replies he "does not do autographs", amazing the fans. A woman asks May is she is Norman's daughter, so she confirms, so the fans come to her. The woman asks May is she's going to enter the Contest as well, so she also confirms. The other women cheer for the one with a ribbon on her neck. They mention MFP - Mothers for Pokemon Pokemon - they are a group of wives, mothers and love Pokemon. They all agree to get May in a party. One of the women asks Ash if she saw him before and check her list, but with no matches. Team Rocket appear in the Town as well, so Jessie want stop enter the Contest. When explained to her what R1 means, she gets frustrated. The receptionist tells her she can't enter when she does not have any ribbons, depressing her.
The women give compliments to May, having earned 2 ribbons. One of the women asks her what Pokemon should she use, but May does not know yet. May asks the Coordinator which Pokemon she will use, so the women agree if she shows hers, May might have her choosing easier. At the Pokemon Center, the women leave, reminding the Coordinator of the list - the list of what to do. Brock knows that housework is a hard job, while Ash compliments him for being successful in those kind of jobs. Anyway, the woman shows Flareon and Lairon - the Pokemon she'll use in the Contest. She'll use both Pokemon - rules are that the Pokemon must be different in primary and secondary battles. May is left to think to decide which Pokemon should she use...
The gang is wandering the town, while Brock shows Savannah some good tomatoes. May is still unsure what Pokemon should she use. Brock is about to take a turnip, but a girl takes the vegetable. It is Savannah's daughter, Sandra, who helps her do grocery shopping. Savannah introduces Sandra to the gang. Savannah tells May and Max are Norman's children, but Sandra tells Savannah can get carried away, especially in MFP. Ash gives his Pikachu to Sandra for holding and Sandra decides she'll become a trainer. Per Sandra's advice, Savannah invites the gang for dinner, to which they agree to.
May trains her Pokemon, but all of them fail. However, May remembers the women supporting her, so she gains confidence to win. May hears Drew training his Masquerain. Drew invites May to come closer. They spot one another's new Pokemon, and while May orders Bulbasuar to meet Drew, it ignores her. May decides to enter the Contest with her Bulbasaur. The next day, Brock, Ash and Max ask May to come to do grocery shopping, but she says she needs to practice with Bulbasaur. The others are terrified because May has recently got Bulbasaur. May spots Savannah, being very upset when she's going to perform. Savannah asks May if she's going to practice with her. She spots Bulbasuar, mentioning that her 1st Pokemon was a Bulbasaur, but it is at her parents' home.
Meanwhile, the rest is shopping while Ash's Pikachu comes to Sandra. Anyway, May will battle with Savannah. Lairon attacks with Metal Claw, but Bulbasuar tries to cancel with Vine Whip, but with little difference. Flareon attacks with Flamethrower, but the attack is negated by Razor Leaf. However, Team Rocket steal the ribbons so that Jessie will enter the Contest. Bulbasaur attacks with Razor Leaf, but the attack is deflected by Dustox's Whirlwind. Flareon uses Flamethrower, but unexpecedly, Jessie's Wobbuffet reflects the attack. Dustox uses Poison Sting, but Pikachu's Thunderbolt negates it. Brock sends Lombre and Mudkip to use Water Gun, however Wobbuffet reflects the attacks.
Sandra goes after Team Rocket. Dustox uses Psi Beam on her, but is rescued when pulled with Vine Whip. Flareon uses Flamethrower on the baloon, knocking Team Rocket down. When James and Meowth tell Jessie that nobody is going to believe that it are her ribbons, Jessie gives them back. Sandra whispers Savannah some advice and orders Lairon to use Water Pump, blasting them off. Savannah is sure to have a tough competition with Drew and May...
- Savannah (Human)
- Sandra (Human)
- Masquerain (Pokémon)
- Lairon (Pokémon)
- Featured Pokemon: Seviper, Arbok, Suicune, Sableye
- In this episode, Team Rocket uses a variation of their motto.
- The dub title is a pun of the phrase "a man with a plan".
- The Contest poster in the beginning of the episode showed a Bulbasaur among other Pokémon. May chooses to use her Bulbasaur this episode.
- This most infamous Trainer's Choice incorrectly claims that Arbok evolves into Seviper. Seviper and the other two choices, Sableye and Suicune don't evolve at all, and Arbok is the only Pokémon in an evolution chain.
- In both the original and the dub, May mentioned that she used Skitty in the Fallarbor Contest, but she actually used Beautifly in the contest in question.
- When Team Rocket does their motto, Jessie states that the Contest is tonight, but at the end of the episode, May says the Contest is tomorrow.
- Also in Team Rocket's Motto, James states that Jessie's winning streak would go from zero to two, but with May's two Ribbons and Savannah's Ribbon, her "winning streak" would be three.
- However, he probably said it so it would rhyme.
- Wobbuffet appears to have used Counter in response to Flamethrower, a Special move. The correct move to produce a favorable result would have been Mirror Coat.
- However, this is not the first time this has happened, with Jessie usually telling Wobbuffet to use Counter against any attack launched at it. The only exception is in Imitation Confrontation.
- Savannah calls Brock "a men who really understands."