Having A Wailord Of A Time is the 34th episode of the Pokémon: Advanced season.
Impressed at how well they had raised their own Pokemon, Nurse Joy enlists Ash and Max to babysit the Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip awaiting a Pokemon trainer who's just about to begin her journey. Torchic proves to be rambunctious of the group, and when Ash sends several of his Pokemon to gently coax it into obedience, he inadvertently causes the troublesome Pokemon evolve into a Combusken.
The 2 weeks have passed, starting the Pokemon Contest. May is quite happy, but wishes to battle against Drew, as she remembers her last battle against him. Torchic is sad, as May left him with the others while she goes away. The rest of the gang are eating, but Max breaks the silence, as he thinks May should've taken Torchic with her. However, Brock and Ash try to convince him otherwise, as Torchic was May's first Pokemon.
Max does not understand that, as he is not a trainer. Ash also mentines that his Pikachu was quite stubborn, but they later became friends. Max asks what was Brock's first Pokemon, to which he makes a flashback when he was 10 years old. He woke up and Onix and his father were standing before him and they went to the mountains. Max speculates what his next Pokemon would be, but he stops when he thhinks his father would give him a Slackoff.
Nurse Joy passes...
- Stephanie's father
- Ash: "We're in trouble Max!"
- Max: "I know, we can swap out May's Torchic for the Combusken."
- Ash: "Uhh."
- Max: "And I know exactly what to tell her too."
- Fantsy Moment.
- Max: "Congradulations May, your Torchic evolved into Combusken."
- May: "Who are you kidding?! Do you think I'm some kind of idiot?! WHAT HAVE YOU TWO DONE WITH MY TORCHIC?!!!!"
- Back to reality.
- Ash and Max sigh.
- Ash: "Bad plan."
- Max: "You're right. She'll see right through that one."